Sunday, July 26, 2020

What are Recovery Writers?

We know today that 1 of 8 Americans is an Alcoholic and 1 in 5 of us was raised in an alcoholic home. Both are true of me. I have been practicing 12-step recovery since 2005.

I was raised in an alcoholic family. The 12-step program that heals those wounds is called Adult Children of Alcoholics. Many ACAs also become alcoholic, as I did. The underlying feelings are similar.   There is a huge number of people who feel alone, fear abandonment, are entangled in unfulfilling relationships and who don’t know who they are.

My book, Beneath the Steps: A Writing Guide for 12-Step Recovery (amazon),  shows how I have healed many of my childhood wounds and discovered my true self by writing and listening to the writing of others. That is what I call Recovery Writing.

We each have a story, actually, many stories, to tell.  The process of writing and sharing them is transformative. I hope you will join me in this inspirational work.

No comments:

Post a Comment