Thursday, August 5, 2021

Response to July Prompt by Anna

 



If I go away.........



Snap snap goes the belt


daddy can't see me under the bed

I'm invisible.


light streaming from the hallway

i look around my room


there's my record player on a small table

will daddy break that?

He knows how much love my records

45s smashing across my bedroom wall

there are my worn out, stained dolls in the corner


i continue to look around my little room

a room that was once cozy and safe


i see the pink and white striped wall paper i love so

under a tear in the wallpaper is a message I wrote with a crayon


if I go away will mommy stop drinking?

if I go away will daddy stop scaring me?

if i go away will daddy stop touching me?


I float up to the sky


snap snap goes the belt

daddy can't see me under the bed

I'm invisible.









No comments:

Post a Comment