Friday, April 23, 2021

The Drama Triangle

 


Enjoy this response to our April prompt, written by Janine.


The Drama Triangle


The clothing of abandonment 

has fit me for so long

complimented my fierce survivor

with her tough girl boots

kicking up the mud in indignation


But am I not also some sort of predator?

seeking to rip off 

the misogynists’ masks

and toss them in triumph

on the pile

the garbage in your sweet seductions

revealed


And what about my trash?

What’s to be found in there?


Maybe just me

steeping in a victim’s love of victimhood

fulfilled best through repetition

my game is to say You put me there

but I can see now 

that I trashed myself


Too late to find another way

but that’s okay

your mask on the pile

me 

safe in the recesses 

of a metal can


Janine S. Brunell


for Wilbur - 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment